Category : Hotel/Restaurant Application deadline has been passed!
Jr. Sous Chef -Indian Specialty
Le Meridien Dhaka
: Full Time
: At least 18 year(s)
: At least 8 year(s)
: Anywhere in Bangladesh
: Oct 20, 2018
: Nov 17, 2018
Job Description / Responsibility
- To coordinate in detail all food product preparation and productions for your assigned Outlet, to ensure a total smooth running of the operation.
- To ensure that all set ups and prepared food presentations are up to agreed standards with the Executive Chef.
- To fully monitor portion control in assigned kitchen area and that par stock are kept at a minimum with daily stock and product turnover, utilizing leftovers where and if possible.
- To fully supervise all food samplings in all production phases.
- All new ideas and changes, shall be approved by the Executive Chef prior to implementing.
- Daily cleanliness checks with the assistant chief steward with feedback to the Executive Chef.
- It is important to establish a good working environment amongst fellow employees to gain assistance where and when required.
- To give daily briefing to ensure the communication is filtered down and those (actions are followed up promptly.
- To ensure that daily, weekly and monthly communication briefings are scheduled and held to pass on important information for staff members
- To ensure that all major communication meetings are copied to the chef office and details or concerns are followed up immediately.
- Ensures that hygiene and sanitation issues are followed up immediately and cascaded down to subordinate staff members
- To ensure that all kitchen areas have and utilize a log book. These must be checked and counter signed daily; any issues to be brought up to the Executive Chef for immediate action.
- Ensures that all standard recipes are adhered to and that all standard weights and wastage etc. are strictly controlled.
- Ensure area of concern has established par stock or maintain stock levels at minimum to avoid wastage & misuse.
- Ensure that budgeted costs are kept in line at all times as per guidelines instructed by the Executive Chef
- Ensures the highest standards of food hygiene and sanitation in all food preparation areas and kitchens.
- Ensures that weekly and daily inspections are carried out and reports are submitted to the Executive Chef for follow up purposes.
- Ensures that the kitchen and stewarding operations in designated area adheres to local health authority regulation.
- To coordinate with all Chefs on cleanliness of operation and utensils.
- To ensure that all kitchen and stewarding personnel follow sat standard in grooming, neat short hair, clean fingernails etc.
- To ensure that in all food contact areas staff is wearing the appropriate uniform, gloves, hair net,face mask.
- To monitor and follow up on a daily basis together with the chief steward that all equipment is properly sanitized before and after use.
- Ensures that the required standards are achieved in the food preparation department by giving constant supervision and guidance to all kitchen staff.
- Daily Checking of all fridges is essential to ensure that products are turned over and wastage is kept to a minimum.
- Ensure that training and tasting take place on a weekly basis on all new menus
- New ideas should be developed through Chefs Table or Group Meetings.
- New Ideas are to be tested thoroughly and all kitchen staff should actively be involved in achieving the required standards
- Manning / Staffing
- To report to the Executive Chef all staff matters of concern or any staffing complaints.
- To recommend promotions; transfer's staff to various outlets subject to prior approval from the Executive Chef".
- At any such time the Chef may request staff to work overtime or shift staff to other areas, due to business with the approval of the Executive Chef.
- Ensure all staffing are scheduled according to business volume.
- Enhance staff relations to promote high morale and efficiency through having an active interest in the welfare and job satisfaction of each employee
- Provides clear guidelines and follows up when and where appropriate
- To ensure that the annual training program is implemented as agreed with the Executive Chef.
- Actively participate in all training courses to give e sense of being to the staff.
- To ensure that all staff are trained in using all heavy-duty machinery or any dangerous equipment
At least 8 year(s)
- Age at least 18 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Has complete knowledge and understanding of all cookery.
- Through understanding of all occupational health and safety issues
- Understand the needs and direction of the hotel
- Demonstrate flexibility and high energy level
- Interpersonal skills, communicator, team player and gives direction
- Has through knowledge of all food products - local and imported
Age: At least 18 year(s)
Anywhere in Bangladesh
As per hotel policy.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Application deadline has been passed!
Latest jobs of this Company
Other jobs of this Category