- Department: Food & Beverage Service
Job Description / Responsibility
- Under the assistance of the Director of F&B co-ordinate the preparation of the Departmental annual budget and work to achieve the budget by monitoring and controlling the departmental operations, considering revenue and expenditure
- On an ongoing basis, control and analyse departmental costs to ensure performance against budget; implementing corrective measures where necessary to produce positive business results
- Effectively manage staffing costs by preparing efficient work schedules in line with legal requirements
- Performs P&L report for every month
- Assist to develop and implement Promotions Calendar for F&B products in restaurant
- Actively engage in cost saving measures
- Manage wage and beverage cost
- Direct day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with governmental regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained in quality and service standards and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Assist with Training Manager to prepare detailed induction programmers for new staff
- Maintain a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation
- Ensure training needs analysis of your departmental staff is carried out and training programmed are designed and implemented to meet needs
- Actively work at developing your staff and identify high potentials
- Maintain training records for all direct reports and ensure they do the same for their staff
- Conduct probation and formal performance appraisal in line with company guidelines
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
- Approve leave requests after considering peaks and troughs in the business
- Regularly communicate with staff to maintain good relation
- Ensure that all food and beverage facilities and equipment are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Analyse guest insights to identify and meet customer expectations and build on guest loyalty.
- Interact with guests to ensure expectations are being met.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards including:
- Being attentive to Guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling Guests requests
- Anticipate Guests needs
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the Guest experience
- Demonstrating a 'service' attitude
- Taking appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the Hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers
- Manage local food and beverage marketing programs for the hotel; participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programs and promotions. Monitor local competitors and industry trends.
- Ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment, and replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste.
- Any task as and when required, not limited to.
Bachelor Degree in any discipline is required. Masters Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management is preferred.
At least 2 year(s)
- Age 28 to 35 years
- 2 years related experience in 5* hotels/ luxury properties
- Customer service skills and problem solving abilities & extremely organized and demonstrates good planning skills
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency
- Good understanding of the hotel and hospitality business
- Demonstrated ability of interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Good reading and writing abilities for completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Good in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Good in speaking and writing in English
- Good in stress management
- Good in communication.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Age: 28 to 35 year(s)
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting