- Department: Anti Money Laundering Department
Job Description / Responsibility
- Assist to ensure that the products & services of the Bank are not used to launder the proceeds of crime & all of the staff of the bank is aware of their obligations & the need to remain vigilant in the fight against ML/TF.
- Establish compliance culture in respect of Anti money laundering (AML) and Combating Financing Terrorism (CFT) in the bank.
- Enforce the Bank's Know Your Customer (KYC) policy and Identification Procedure for detection of suspicious transaction/account activities.
- Issue Anti-Money Laundering circulars, instructions and circulate Bangladesh Bank circulars and policy guidelines to the branches of the Bank.
- Preparation of AML/CFT Action plan.
- Creation of awareness among the officers/employees about the internal AML/CFT policies, procedures and programs and Bangladesh Bank's instructions and guidelines.
- Respond queries of and issue necessary instructions to the branches about money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Monitor the Bank's Self-Assessment and Independent Testing Procedures for AML compliance and taking corrective action.
- Conduct inspection on branches regarding anti money laundering compliance.
- Conducting of CCU meeting bi-monthly
- Ensure timely anti-money laundering reporting and compliance to Bangladesh Bank, including CTR, STR, KYC Update, A/C information & other data required by Bangladesh Bank, NBR, Customs Authority etc.
- Different internal and regulatory reporting.
- Ensure KYC for corresponding banking.
- Graduation, preferably in Business, Economics, Bank Management or related subject
At least 3 year(s)
- Minimum Three (3) years of experience in reputed Banks; minimum Two (2) years of experience in Anti Money Laundering department
- Must be technically sound and well conversant in relevant regulatory policies, guidelines
- Knowledge in the area of Trade Based Money Laundering and General Banking will be an added advantage
- Should be proactive, innovative and energetic.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skill and leadership quality is much desired.
- Applicants who are serving as Officer and above are eligible to apply for this post.
- Candidate having third Division/Class in his/her academic carrier, need not to apply.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Suvastu Imam Square, 65 Gulshan Ave, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Woori Bank is the leading commercial bank in global financial market, incorporated in 1899 in the republic of Korea and a flagship company of global reputed “Woori Financial Group”. It leads the industry in establishing a ‘clean’ banking model in Global financial market based on financial stability, sound risk management, revenue growth and optimal allocation of capital after having experience for 112 years. Presently it has 53 global networks in 15 different countries and around 1000 branches in Korea having a total assets for USD240 billion. According to British Financial Magazine “The Banker”, Woori Bank has ranked on 72nd Bank in the world among Top 1000 Banks of 2011.http://bd.wooribank.com/