Category : Accounts & Finance Application deadline has been passed!
: Full Time
: 30 to 36 year(s)
: 4 to 7 year(s)
: Sep 12, 2018
: Sep 16, 2018
Department: Accounts & General Controller
Job Description / Responsibility
- Ensure adherence to the hotel's credit policy
- Reports directly to and communicates with the Finance and Business Support Manager on all matters pertaining to credit and collection of guest and city ledger accounts
- Liaises closely with the City Ledger Supervisor in reviewing and maintaining the Aged Trial Balance of Accounts Receivable
- Monitors the special billing arrangements for groups and conventions as required to ensure that postings are in line with customer requirements
- Reviews city ledger daily for correct postings of charges and take corrective action where necessary
- Monitor and pursue collection of overdue accounts
- Review bad debts listing monthly to prepare collectability analysis for monthly provision for doubtful debts
- Prepare management reports for month end analysis and provide documentation for credit meeting
- Review provision, write-offs and other adjustments immediately prior to month end
- Conduct monthly credit meeting with relevant IHG and IC Dhaka team highlighting monthly performance, bad debts, staff accounts outstanding and discuss any accounts causing concern and follow up
- Maintaining and preparing accurate and timely financial and operating information with emphasis on the Aged Trial Balance of Accounts Receivable
- Implementing and maintaining acceptable accounting practices and procedures as required by IHG policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting practices and as affected by local conditions
- Works with Finance and Business Support Manager in the preparation and management of the department's budget
- Direct day-to-day purchasing activities, plan and assign
- work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide
- mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve
- team member performance.
- Plan for future staffing needs & Recruit in line with
- company guidelines
- Prepare detailed induction programmes for new staff
- Actively work at developing your staff and identify high
- Maintain training records for all direct reports and ensure
- they do the same for their staff
- Conduct probation and formal performance appraisal in line
- with company guidelines
- Regularly communicate with staff to maintain good relations
- Cooperates, coordinates and communicates with guests and other departments in matters concerning issuance of credit, follow up outstanding accounts and assisting with credit requirements
- Respond to and resolve account queries in conjunction with accounts receivable
- Assists in control and collection of outstanding guest and city ledger accounts
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and
- procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety
- Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Assists in providing safe keeping, including proper storage and access, for all contracts, leases and other financial records.
- Any task as and when required, not limited to.
- Bachelor Degree is required. Master Degree/MBA in Accounting/ Finance is preferred.
4 to 7 year(s)
- Age 30 to 36 years
- 4-7 years related experience in a reputed organization.
- Experience in 5* hotels/ luxury properties will get preference.
- Good in paperwork, writing reports and Mathematical skills
- Problem solving & reasoning abilities.
- Good in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Experience in OPERA will get Preference.
- Good in analytical ability.
- Sound professional knowledge
- Very good in communication.
- Good in ownership skill
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong Leadership capability.
- Needs to be self-motivated, able to train/lead team efficiently.
Age: 30 to 36 year(s)
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Application deadline has been passed!